Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I said "take him out"!

Here is the original post and here's Robertson's clarification.

"I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out.' And 'take him out' can be a number of things, including kidnapping; there are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted by the AP [Associated Press], but that happens all the time".

Apparently Robertson only wanted to kidnap Chavez not really kill him. Lets see now -what if Osama Bin Laden says that he wants to take out Bush. What could that mean? Maybe it means Bin Laden wanted to take Bush out for some Chinese food? We all know the President loves Chinese food.

And can someone explain to me what part of the following statement could be taken out of context?

"If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it".

But I do agree with Mr. Robertson on one thing. If the choice is between 'taking out' Chavez now and waging a war five years later killing thousands of people(not to mention spending billions of dollars), just take the man out. It isn't like the CIA doesn't have any kind of experience in these matters.

No comments: