Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Inanities

While some of us have to whore away our weekends so that we could put food on the table, some others can indulge in staring up at the ceiling and coming up with profound statements like the following:

"When a talk show host from Chicago, and not just another talk show but one which smacks of completely useless sentimentality, changes the face of publishing in the country, doesn't that say something very pitiable about the country itself?"

"I don't think anyone is looking for your pity."

"That's not the point. Do you know what I have against Marquez?"

"You have something against Marquez now? I would never have guessed."

"Well, sort of. Nothing personal actually. I keep thinking that there must be something wrong with his books because they make Oprah's book club. You know what I mean?"

"You bloody snob. Shut up."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'd rather be Smiley".

"Your name does kind of translate to 'Sweet Smile'. Come to think of it, you could pass off as Native American with a name like that."

"That's not what I meant. I meant George Smiley."

"What?"

"Well, better be Smiley than be Bond right? After all, Bond is only a movie star".

"And Smiley is a real spy?"

"He could be one if he wanted to."

"Yeah right."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Its sad that I will never receive a call from Sweden."

"You and Emil are not talking now?"

"Not from Emil dumbo. You know, the call."

"No, I don't know what you are talking about."

"The ACM is based out of somewhere here. So they will never call me from Sweden."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: