Sunday, January 20, 2008

I love Bill (sometimes) (Part 2)

"So where are we going?"

"We?"

"Yeah, you are planning trips for the year na?"

"I am planning for myself. If you want to come, you plan"

"Its not like everyone who comes with you plan trips. I am sure BM is invited to a couple of trips. She isn't planning anything"

"Yes, but she is paying for her trip. Who is paying for yours?"

"Oh. Like that"

"Yes, like that only"

Bill goes back to staring at ceiling. Then he fires up Shonku and starts typing furiously.

"I didn't realise you had work this weekend"

"Well, its not work"

"Then?"

"Wait"

"What are you upto?"

"I said wait na"

A few minutes later.

"Check mail"

"Hmm..what is this now? Clues?"

"Can I come too?"

"This is how you pay for the trips?"

"Well, who else will do this for you if I am not around? You will take me, no?"

"Yes, my resident crossword puzzle generator, I most certainly will. Just as long as it is all cryptic!"

Of places (you have taken me to!)



ACROSS
5 Cousin and company make us sick!
9 Acid beginning disturbingly trouble the Oracle
10 When staying together laser discs are a big no-no? That's backwards!
11 A battle of Tamil flowers makes for after-wedding calm
13 Boiling chicken bones in this is a home for dynamite!
15 A lot of french tea is really nice to boat on
17 From North to South, we take an inverse to go hiking
18 Stamp the beginning of crepes!
19 Artificial intelligence emerges after view of whales
20 Explosive? Yes captain, that's the city by the sea.

DOWN
1 No professionals in proven frozen water need look for a merchant
2 Drinking beer disturbs an etch of cumin
3 Fragrance misses a lot of ruins
4 The Two Towers was fashionable in the past
6 You stain the good home of spiritual friends!
7 That is a lot of laundry for a visit of a few hours!
8 Saintly mother of president has lots of wine and tapenade
12 Railroads in a forest are a good market
14 A pound of rein creates history for the century
16 A Tom Cruise movie is too hot for a french friend

PS: No kitchen appliances were harmed in the production of this post.

8 comments:

??! said...

awwwwie. that's so....sweet. and cute. (is that going to get me banned from here? Is it? Is it? But it's so sweet!)

Unknown said...

??!: No, no ban. But just this time. (And yes, I know its sweet. And manipulative.)

Falstaff said...

Hmmm...there goes the "We've been married for XXX years and we've never exchanged a cross word" line.

Anonymous said...

and starts typing furiously.

Veena, I don't believe you.

Do you have a video to prove that? I have never seen Bill do anything furiously.

And Bill, stop maligning my name. I provide wonderful company(, when I actually show up for a trip).

Cheshire Cat said...

Cryptic crossword, or cryptic poetry? I've read L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E poems that were pretty much indistinguishable from this list of clues.

Anonymous said...

cat, would the poem include the ps?

Cheshire Cat said...

BM, of course, makes it all the more "postmodern" ;)

hopscotch said...

Wow! Like the form of payment...