Sunday, November 13, 2005

The origin of species

I couldn't find it online, so imagine this: Calvin's Dad-like figure sitting in his armchair reading a newspaper. Calvin-like kid crawling on the floor. Kid looks up at Dad.

"Pa, what's all this talk about Evolution?"

"Son, I will have to consult my attorney before I can answer that question. I might be sent to jail for it."

Nope, it ain't 2005. It's from 1925, the year of the Monkey trial. Some things never change, do they?

PS: How to get your copy of The Complete Cartoons of the New Yorker - When all else fails and all your friends refuse to take subtle hints such as these, go make friends with a fellow blogger who lives a couple of blocks down and invite her to a random party. Believe me, it works.

2 comments:

Veena said...

Hmm..Golden hearted fellow blogger who might be easily swayed by the promise of alcohol and chicken biriyani?

Falstaff said...

Hah! More like fellow blogger who has friend with great literary taste and provides superior advice on potential gifts to give people who invite her to random parties.